- Ysgol Y Llan
- Ysgol Y Llan, Whitford, Holywell, Flintshire, CH8 9AN
- Apprenticeship rates
- Training provider:
Achieve More Training Ltd
- Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Possible start date:
- 01 September 2021
- Closing date:
- 02 July 2021
- Positions available:
- Vacancy ID:
About the apprenticeship
Working in a successful Primary school and acting as a great sporting role-model for our young people. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at lunchtimes, support teachers delivering PE and run after school sport activities.
We are looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in our friendly, successful primary school.
We want someone who:
- Will be a great sporting role-model for our children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Will be able to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons.
- Can organise and run sport and fitness sessions after school for children of all ages.
- You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for infant and junior aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
- You will also be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons, using your skills to help the pupils to improve.
- We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
- We would also like someone with outdoor learning skills (training or personal interest) and/or experience in outdoor adventurous activities (training or personal interest e.g. orienteering, problem solving)
- Strong ICT skills
The apprenticeship includes both on-the-job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
• Strong sporting background.
• Experience of coaching/working with children.
• Good organisational skills.
• Strong communication skills.
Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
(If not achieved successful applicant can follow these qualifications through the apprenticeship)
- Welsh Spoken Skills:
- Welsh Written Skills: