Occupation: Technology Technician
Direct line manager – Head of Technology Faculty (Resistant Materials and Graphics). The main line manager is the Bursar. Also accountable to the Senior Management Team and Headteacher.
PURPOSE OF POST.
Under the guidance/direction of senior staff provide general support in a specific curriculum/resource area, including preparation and maintenance of resources and support for staff and pupils.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS.
- Good bilingual communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work in an organized and accurate manner.
- Good time organization and ability to prioritize.
- Experience of general technical/administrative work.
- NVQ 2 or equivalent qualification or experience in a relevant discipline.
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Effective use of ICT packages.
- Use of relevant equipment/resources.
- Knowledge of a specific subject/technical area.
- Knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Assist with general care of the CDT workshops (including preparation rooms, stores etc). Washing, drying (and ironing when necessary) of cloths.
- Maintain resources and prepare materials for lessons. Clean and store equipment/material after lessons. Clean tables and sinks.
- Regular (and annual) inspection of electrical equipment and appliances – in conjunction with appropriate teachers.
- Prepare materials for practical lessons.
- Look after all Technology stock and prepare a list of requirements for appropriate teachers as required.
- Receive and store new goods, recording details in stock books.
- Display pupils’ work, in the teaching rooms and in public areas within the school.
- Receive appropriate in-service training and courses, particularly in relation to Health and Safety, as required.
- Look after the general condition of the workshops and stores – tidiness and appearance, cleaning equipment and minor repairs.
- Attend training courses on relevant matters, such as resource support, health and safety etc.
- Assist with reports as part of the support team
- Responsibility for the reception at certain times of day and during the absence of the receptionist
- Specific duties relating to a fire emergency
- Other administrative duties as a member of the school’s support team under the direction of the Bursar
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Bursar or Senior Management Team
- Be aware of and comply with school policies and procedures, reporting all concerns to the headteacher.
- Ensure equality of opportunity for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Value and support the role of other professional people.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Work constructively and flexibly as part of a team, understand school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- The ability to identify training needs and respond to these needs.
Welsh Spoken Skills: Essential.
Welsh Written Skills: Essential.