Classroom AssistantSector:Education and TrainingAs a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom. Job roles will include:
– Working within a primary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant.
– Supporting pupils with special educational needs (SEN).
– Supporting pupils with their numeracy.
– Supporting pupils with their literacy.
– Supporting pupils with their ICT skills.
– Be involved in displays and preparing resources.
– Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks.
– Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies.
– Working with children aged 4 to 11 years.
– Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom.
– Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools.
– An eagerness to learn more about becoming a Teaching Assistant.
– A passion for working with children.
– Possess relevant qualities including patience and communication.
– Ability to show professionalism at all times.
– Ability to listen and learn from more experienced staff.
The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications.
Preferred Learning Provider
COLEG LLANDRILLO (WBL)
Learning Provider Course
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2 Certificate (C&G) 5011136X
Desirable personal qualities
– Any previous experience working with children.
– Any previous experience with special educational needs (SEN).
– Strong English & Mathematics.
– Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults.
– Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT.
– Ability to self-manage and organise own time.
– Personal qualities.
– Smart appearance.
– Professional attitude.
– A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required.
– Ambitious and hard working.
– Desire to be a positive role model to young people.
2 GCSE at C or equivalent English at C or equivalent Maths at C or equivalent
Welsh Language Requirements
Welsh Spoken Skills: No. Welsh Written Skills: No.