Location: Maes-Y-Llan Ln, Ruabon, Wrexham LL14 6AE
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term
Salary Type: Monthly
Salary: £144.30 per week
Start date: 05/09/2022
Brief description of school:
Ysgol Maes-y-Llan is a caring and supportive school.
Well-being is at the centre of all we do, and we endeavour to nurture positive relationships based on respect and kindness for others, the environment and ourselves.
We have high expectations for all and are committed to ensure that every child meets their full potential through an inspiring, relevant and creative curriculum. We empower children to lead their own learning and become independent thinkers by being ambitious, confident and reflective.
Together we create a happy, safe, inclusive school where everyone aspires to be their best.
Working in a successful Primary school and acting as a great sporting role-model for our young people. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at lunchtimes and playtimes and you will support teachers delivering PE lessons as well as helping to run after school sport activities.
We are looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in our friendly, successful primary school
We want someone who:
- Is a real team player.
- Brings a positive attitude to work on a daily basis.
- Can conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times in and out of school, including your online presence.
- You must have a willingness to learn and act upon feedback and advice.
- Will be a great sporting role-model for our children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for infant and junior aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
- You will be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons, using your skills to help the pupils to improve.
- We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
Desirable personal qualities:
- Strong sporting background.
- Experience of coaching/working with children.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Training to be provided:
- The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
- Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Level 2 Coaching Certificate / Equivalent
Welsh written & speaking skills:
Apprenticeship to be undertaken:
- Level 2 Activity Leadership / Level 3 NVQ Supporting PE and School Sport