Occupation: Sport / Active Leisure
Sector: Leisure, Sport and Tourism
Pay: £144.30 per week
As a Sport Coaching / Teaching Assistant you would support teachers and help children with their education. You would be working in a successful Primary School and acting as a great sporting role-model for young people. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at lunchtimes, support teachers delivering PE and run after school sport activities.
We are looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in a friendly, successful Primary School.
We want someone who:
– Will be a great sporting role-model for children.
– Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
– Will be able to support teachers while they deliver PE lessons.
– Can organise and run sport and fitness sessions after school for children of all ages.
– You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for multi-aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
– You will also be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons, using your skills to help the pupils to improve.
– We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications.
Preferred Learning Provider
COLEG LLANDRILLO (WBL)
Learning Provider Course
Course not specified in list
Desirable personal qualities
– Strong sporting background.
– Experience of coaching/working with children.
– Good organisational skills.
– Strong communication skills.
2 GCSE at C or equivalent
English at C or equivalent
Maths at C or equivalent
Welsh Language Requirements
Welsh Spoken Skills: No.
Welsh Written Skills: No.