Location: Wrexham Rd, Mold CH7 1EP
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term
Salary Type: Monthly
Salary: £144.30 per week
Start date: 05/09/2022
As a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
Job roles will include:
- Working within a Secondary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant
- Supporting pupils with additional learning needs (ALN)
- Supporting pupils with their numeracy
- Supporting pupils with their literacy
- Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
- Be involved in creating displays and preparing resources
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies
- Working with children aged 11 to 16 years
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
- Raise self esteem by showing interest in pupils’ work.
- Assist individual children in educational tasks.
- Provide information for ALN reviews.
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools
- To undertake whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher following pre-determined learning programmes.
- To record and report attendance at lessons in accordance with school policy.
- Exam invigilation.
- Administration support.
- An eagerness to learn more about becoming a Teaching Assistant
- A passion for working with children
- Possess relevant qualities including patience and communication
- Ability to show professionalism at all time
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written
- Be enthusiastic, competent and well-organised
- Have the ability to relate to children and adults offering a firm but friendly approach
- Be confident when dealing with young people and able to manage small groups of teenagers in an assertive manner
- Be able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Have the ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult situations
- Be flexible enough to cope with changing situations and use own initiative
- Be able to work as a team member
- Have experience of working positively with young people (11-18 year olds) in an educational situation
- Have good IT and organisational skills
Desirable personal qualities:
- Any previous experience working with children
- Any previous experience with Additional Learning Needs
- Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time
- Personal qualities
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Ambitious and hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
Training to be provided:
- The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
- Four GCSEs grade C or above, including Mathematics and English
- OR minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- OR relevant experience
Apprenticeship to be undertaken:
- Level 2/3 Supporting, Teaching and Learning