Tutor/Assessor in Leisure & Fitness
- To deliver leisure & fitness qualifications flexibly to suit learners, specifically in the instructing exercise and fitness and personal trainer routes.
- To give additional support where necessary and make assessment decisions to judge competence against their chosen qualification.
- Build a rapport with learners, deliver an engaging programme to meet quality, timeliness completion and progression targets.
- Initially assess prior achievements, identify learner suitability for qualification levels.
- Identify learner support needs
- Agree learner starting points and set SMART targets to develop and progress through the qualifications
- Deliver engaging online and in person teaching and learning sessions to small groups and individuals.
- Ensure target setting motivates the learner and give written and oral feedback on progression towards agreed targets
- Ensure targets are met by learners
- Review learner progress in accordance with contractual requirements and the organisation’s systems
- Evaluate and document fully the learning of the learner
- Maintain existing standards
- Ensure that company safeguarding policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Ensure that safe practices and a culture of safety are promoted
- Ensure learner retention and achievement is within the organisation’s targets
- Monitor engagment, report any issues or concerns and be involved in agreeing intervention plans when neccasary.
- Experience of working within Leisure & Fitness
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities within Leisure & Fitness
- Experience of delivering a range of teaching and assessment methods, both online and in person.
- Qualified and experienced Tutor
- Qualified and expereinced Assessor
- Qualified and experienced IQA
Full accredited training for any of the above can be provided as part of your induction
Jobs at Achieve More Training include:
- Annual Gym Memberships
- 38 Holidays per annum
- Travel re-imbursement
- 3 staff development days per annum
- Opportunities for CPD and career progression