Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Ysgol Y Grango
Location: Ysgol Y Grango, Vinegar Hill, Rhosllanerchrugog, LL11 1EL
Subject: Teaching Assistant
As a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
• Working within a secondary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant
• Supporting pupils with additional learning needs (ALN)
• Supporting pupils with their numeracy
• Supporting pupils with their literacy
• Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
• Be involved in displays and preparing resources.
• Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks.
• Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies.
• Working with children aged 11 to 18 years.
• Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
• Ability to always conduct yourself in a professional manner whilst working in schools.
• An eagerness to learn more about becoming a Teaching Assistant
• A passion for working with children.
• Possess relevant qualities including patience and communication.
• Ability to always show professionalism.
• Ability to listen and learn from more experienced staff.
• Any previous experience working with children.
• Any previous experience with special educational needs (SEN)
• Strong English & Mathematics
• Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults
• Competent skills in numeracy, literacy, and ICT
• Ability to self-manage and organise own time.
• Personal qualities
• Smart appearance
• Professional attitude
• A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required.
• Ambitious and hard working
• Desire to be a positive role model to young people.
The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
Apprenticeships To Be Undertaken:
Level 2 or 3 Supporting, Teaching and Learning