Argoed High School - Cover Supervisor
Location: Bryn Rd, Mold CH7 6RY
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term
Salary Type: Monthly
Salary: £204.90 per week
As a level 3 cover supervisor apprentice, you would support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
- Working within a Secondary school full-time as a Level 3 cover supervisor apprentice.
- Taking groups for interventions independently
- Following lesson plans set by teachers.
- Supporting pupils with additional learning needs (ALN).
- Supporting pupils with their essential skills
- Be involved in creating displays and preparing resources.
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks.
- Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies.
- Working with children aged 11 to 16 years.
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom.
Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools.
- An eagerness to learn more about becoming a Teaching Assistant.
- A passion for working with children.
- Possess relevant qualities including patience and communication.
- Ability to show professionalism at all times.
Ability to listen and learn from more experienced staff.
- Any previous experience working with children
- Any previous experience with special educational needs (SEN)
- Strong English & Mathematics
- Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time
- Personal qualities
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Ambitious and hard working
Desire to be a positive role model to young people