- Trelogan Out of School Club
- Berthengam, Treffynnon, Sir Y Fflint, CH8 9BN
- Apprenticeship rates
- Hours of work:
30 hours per week
- Training provider:
Achieve More Training Ltd
- Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Positions available:
- Vacancy ID:
About the apprenticeship
The successful candidate must hold a Childcare Learning and Development (CCLD) Level 3 or equivalent, working towards Playworker status by September 2022.
Working in a successful Play centre and acting as a great role-model for our young people. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable play activities. Ensuring children have support for their physical, emotional, social and mental development.
We want someone who:
- Will be a great role-model for our children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable play activities with children.
- Help to create a positive and rewarding learning environment, assisting children to enjoying developing new skills.
- Support children with their development of key skills such as Literacy and Numeracy
- Work with our children during wrap around care, to provide appropriate physical activity sessions
- Has an understanding of play and child development and the ability to meet children’s individual needs and a willingness to undertake and refresh training.
This role is an introduction to the overall operation of the Out Of School Club and roles and responsibilities will develop gradually and accordingly over time. Full support and guidance will be offered by the Out Of School Club committee and other staff members.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to bring new ideas and exciting energy to an already successful club.
- Strong play background.
- Experience of working with children.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Basic Food Safety Certificate.
- Ability to speak Welsh.
- Ability to communicate using a range of different languages, e.g., Urdu, sign language etc.
- Digital Literacy skills or a willingness to train and develop.
· Any previous experience working with children
· Any previous experience with special educational needs (SEN)
· Strong English & Mathematics
· Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults
· Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
· Ability to self-manage and organise own time
· Personal qualities
· Smart appearance
· Professional attitude
· A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
· Ambitious and hard working
· Desire to be a positive role model to young people
GCSE English – C
GCSE Maths – C
- Welsh Spoken Skills:
- Welsh Written Skills: