The Good Wood – Carpentery & Joinery Apprenticeship
Location: Good Wood Cymru, Halkyn Road, Holywell, CH8 7TZ
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term
Salary Type: Monthly
Salary: £144.30 per week
We are looking for people with an interest in woodwork, who have a desire to learn and challenge themselves to progress into a career in joinery, carpentry, traditional and green woodwork. Most importantly we are looking for people who possess a genuine passion to work in the building or forestry sectors and have a desire to deliver the best for themselves.
Job roles will include:
- Working within a wood workshop and yard full-time as a Trainee.
- Promote sustainable use of natural resources.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to.
- Complete practical woodland skills.
- Learn through the skills needed and methods used to create a variety of structures and products from Timber logs.
- Traditional timber framing construction.
- Learn the whole process from turning logs into products.
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working for the chop shop.
- An eagerness to learn more about becoming a workshop technician.
- Possess relevant qualities including patience and communication.
- Ability to show professionalism at all times.
- Ability to listen and learn from other professionals.
- Keen interest in woodwork and sustainability
Desirable Personal Qualities:
- Any previous experience working with wood work.
- Any previous experience supporting other workers / young people.
- Strong communicational skills relevant to both young people and adults.
- Ability to self-manage groups and organise activities
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- A level of maturity with working in a woodwork environment will be required
- Ambitious and hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
*Equivalent qualifications can be provided on the framework*