Workshop Technician / Teaching Assistant Apprentice
30 hours per week
Apprentice minimum wage
Closing date – Wednesday 15th December 2021
|As a workshop technician / teaching assistant you would support teachers and help young people gain confidence and build up their skills in a wood work environment.
Job roles will include:
· Working within a wood workshop and yard full-time as a Technician / Teaching Assistant.
· Promote sustainable use of natural resources.
· Ensure safe working practices are adhered to by learners.
· Support learners with practical woodland skills.
· Support learners through the skills needed and methods used to create a variety of structures and products from timber logs.
· Support learners in traditional timber framing construction.
· Support learners to gather evidence towards completion of the level 1 learning in the outdoors qualification.
· Be involved in mentoring learners and building their confidence and capabilities.
· Helping learners who need extra support to complete tasks.
· Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and your role within these policies.
· Ensure learners follow H+S guidelines and Normal Operating procedures in the workshop and yard.
· Working with young people aged 14 – 18.
· Supporting a teacher in various roles within the workshop, on the yard and on workplace visits.
· Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working for the chop shop.
· An eagerness to learn more about becoming a workshop technician and the pathway to be a teacher.
· A passion for working with young people, starting their careers.
· Possess relevant qualities including patience and communication.
· Ability to show professionalism at all times.
· Ability to listen and learn from other professionals.
- Any previous experience working with wood work.
- Any previous experience supporting other workers / young people.
- Strong communicational skills relevant to both young people and adults.
- Ability to self-manage groups and organise activities
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- A level of maturity with working in a woodwork environment will be required
- Ambitious and hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
GCSE English – C
GCSE Maths – C
*Equivalent qualifications can be provided on the framework*
Welsh Language requirements
|Apprenticeship to be undertaken (Level and course)||Level 2/3 Supporting, Teaching and Learning|