Sport Coaching Apprentice
30 hours per week
£144.30 per week
Start date – ASAP
Working in a successful specialist school and acting as a great wellbeing role-model for our young people. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities throughout the school day, across all sites and support teachers delivering PE and wellbeing activities. We are looking for a Sport Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in our friendly, successful specialist school.
We want someone who:
- Will be a great sporting role-model for our children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Will be able to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons.
- Can organise and run sport and fitness sessions after school for children of all ages.
- You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for infant and junior aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
- You will also be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons, using your skills to help the pupils to improve.
- We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
Desirable personal qualities:
- Strong role-model in promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Experience of working with children.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- A passion for working with young people with additional learning needs
- Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude and regard for the need for confidentiality
- A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Ambitious and hard working