Location: Dodds Ln, Gwersyllt, Wrexham LL11 4NT
Hours: 30 hours a week
Contract: Fixed Term
Salary Type: Monthly
Salary: £144.30 per week
Start date: 05/09/2022
Brief description of the school:
Gwersyllt CP is an English medium Primary schools situated in the village of Gwersyllt, Near the city of Wrexham. The school caters for approximately 260 pupils from 3 to 11 years old. The school recently amalgamated two buildings into our new extended building in 2019. We are a welcoming school that works hard to provide a positive working and learning experience for staff and pupils.
This role is a blended role that includes both support with the delivery of PE and also support within the class room as an assistant to the classroom teacher.
Working in a successful Primary school and acting as a great sporting role-model for our young people. You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at lunchtimes, support teachers delivering PE and run after school sport activities. You we be seen as a champion for sport and physical activity, ensuring that pupils and learners have a positive experience and engagement with PE and sport.
We are looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in our friendly, successful primary school.
We want someone who:
- Will be a great sporting role-model for our children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Will be able to support our teachers in the delivery of PE lessons.
- Can organise and run sport and physical activity sessions after school for children of all ages.
- You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for infant and junior aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
- You will also be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons, using your skills to help the pupils to improve.
- You will support teachers within the classroom in relation to the delivery of effective lessons and supporting pupils with literacy, numeracy and IT.
- We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions before & after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
- You will be expected to become part of and work with strong and cohesive team.
Desirable personal qualities:
- Strong sporting background.
- Experience of coaching/working with children.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
Level 2 Coaching Certificate / Equivalent
Welsh written & spoken skills:
Apprenticeship to be undertaken:
Level 2 Activity Leadership / Level 3 NVQ Supporting PE and School Sport