Gelliswick Primary School – Sport Coaching Apprenticeship
Location: Gelliswick Rd, Milford Haven, SA73 3RQ
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term
Salary Type: Monthly
Salary: £210 per week
Start date: 05/09/2022
The aim is to help young people to enjoy their school life educational journey that is healthy, safe and successful through sports and physical activity participation.
Working in a successful primary school and acting as a great sporting role model for our young people.
You will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at lunchtime, support teachers delivering PE and support after-school sports activities such as an enrichment programme and other school well-being initiatives.
We are looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in our friendly, successful primary school.
We want someone who:
- Will be a great sporting role model for our children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Will be able to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons.
- Can organise and run sports and fitness sessions after school for children of all ages.
- You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for infant and junior-aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
- You will also be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons, using your skills to help the pupils to improve.
- We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
Undertake a recognised/relevant qualification such as City and Guilds 1st 4Sport NVQ Level 3 PE & School Sport apprenticeship course. Three hours per week will be allocated in school time to support the completion of any module work towards their apprenticeship course.
The ideal candidate should be able to offer excellent communication and personable skills whilst being flexible to adapt to the many different facets of the role.
Desirable Personal Qualities:
- Evidence of working constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- The ability to speak Welsh is highly desirable.
- Any previous experience working with children
- Any previous experience with special educational needs (SEN)
- Strong English & Mathematics
- Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy, and ICT
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time
- Personal qualities
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Ambitious and hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
Level 2 Coaching Certificate / Equivalent
Training Provider Course:
Level 2 Activity Leadership / Level 3 NVQ Supporting PE and School Sport