- Broad Haven Primary School
- Broad Haven Primary School, Broad Haven, Haverfordwest, SA62 3JT.
- Apprenticeship rates
- Hours of work:
16-30 hours per week
- Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Possible start date:
- 01 September 2021
- Closing date:
- 31 August 2021
- Positions available:
- Vacancy ID:
About the apprenticeship
Working in our happy successful and friendly primary school, you will act as a great sporting role-model for our young people. You will work alongside, and under the direction of, teachers to deliver learning for our pupils; you will organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at lunchtimes; you will support teachers delivering PE; you will run after school sport activities for a wire age range of learners..
We are looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team.
We want someone who:
- Will be a great sporting role-model for our children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Will be able to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons.
- Can organise and run sport and fitness sessions after school for children of all ages.
- Can work empathetically with our learners.
- You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for infant and junior aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
- You will also be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons, using your skills to help the pupils to improve.
- We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
- Strong sporting background.
- Experience of coaching/working with children.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Any previous experience working with children
Any previous experience with special educational needs (SEN)
Strong English & Mathematics
Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults
Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
Ability to self-manage and organise own time
A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
Ambitious and hard working
Desire to be a positive role model to young people
GCSE English – C
GCSE Math – C
- Welsh Spoken Skills:
- Welsh Written Skills:
Level 3 NVQ Supporting PE and School Sport