Aura Leisure – Sport Development Apprentice
Location: Deeside Leisure Centre, Chester Road West, Queensferry, CH5 1SA
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term
Salary Type: Monthly
Salary: £144.30 per week
Start date: 05/09/2022
Working for Aura Leisure as a sport coach apprentice. You will have the chance to gain experience supporting senior development managers with initiatives to increase participation in sport such as
- The Daily Mile
- Dragon sport / extra-curricular clubs
- School / Community Coaching sessions
- Disability Sport
We want someone who:
- Has a driving license and has access to transport
- Will be a great sporting role-model for children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities.
- Will be able to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons.
- Can support organisation of and coordination of sport and fitness events.
- Have a ‘physical literacy’ approach, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
- Create content and supporting with Social Media accounts
- Level 2 sport coaching qualification or equivalent.
- Strong sporting background.
- Experience of coaching/working with children.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
The Apprenticeship includes both on-the- job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications
Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
Level 2 Coaching Certificate / Equivalent
Training Provider Course:
Level 3 NVQ Supporting PE and School Sport